Add：Rm615, No.8 Building,Shengyu Industry Center, No.365 Chuanhong road, Pudong, Shanghai, China
Although overmolding is a general manufacturing process, it is important to consider and understand the requirements required for each part created. The compatibility of overmolding materials is the most important consideration, because if the materials used are chemically and thermally incompatible, the product may deform and perform poorly.
What is an overmolding material?
Overmolding allows manufacturers to combine multiple materials to create strong, durable, and consistent parts. There are many material combinations that can be used to create any one part. Fortunately, there are many common resins in the industry, each with its own advantages.
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is one of the most widely used and versatile plastics in the industry. Its performance is very suitable for large parts that require excellent physical properties, such as corrosion-resistant pipes, plastic wood and many other products. HDPE has many other advantages that make it an ideal material, including:
1. Very suitable for replacement of heavy materials and sustainable development value.
2. High strength but light weight
3. Impact resistance and weather resistance, can keep product quality unchanged in harsh environments
4. It has good ductility and can be easily molded into any shape
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) is the material chosen by the industry during the overmolding process to meet specific requirements in applications such as consumer electronics or automotive parts. ABS is cost-effective in production and provides many value-added benefits, such as:
1. Low melting point, easy to use in injection molding or 3-D printing
2. Easily color to meet specific project specifications
3. Smooth, smooth surface finish, also compatible with various glues or paints
4. Low thermal conductivity, suitable for products that require electrical insulation protection
5. Easy to shape, high tensile strength
6. It has strong resistance to chemical corrosion and physical impact, and can withstand environmental requirements and extensive use.
Polymethyl methacrylate acrylate (PMMA) is an economical material used in applications that require excellent optics, light, transmittance, and weather resistance. Common products include lighting and optical applications. PMMA is sometimes called acrylic glass because it is a lightweight, shatterproof alternative to glass. Advantages include:
1. High light transmittance (white light transmittance can be as high as 95%)
2. Resistance to ultraviolet radiation and weathering
3. It has the highest surface hardness among all plastics, making it scratch-resistant
4. High refractive index and clarity
5. Dyes can be added to obtain a specific color
6. Chemical resistance
Keeping in mind the individual characteristics of each material while considering the requirements of the parts may overwhelm the overmolding process. Especially with the design process of new products.
2020 Star Of Injection Molding Machine Manufacturer!
China famous Injection Molding Machine Manufacturers!With good Customer evaluation around the world!
Independent innovation and R & D,Has a number of invention patents and new practical patents
OUR Sales network all over the world and Injection Molding Machine hot sell Ethiopia, Algeria, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Singapore, US, India...
Hundreds of service engineers onver the world! With perfect technology, production, sales and service capabilities