Improper operation of the injection molding machine will cause huge damage to the machine and people. Here we will talk about a few things that need to be paid attention to when the injection molding machine is stopped!
What are the issues that should be paid attention to when the injection molding machine is stopped?
1) If the injection molding machine is suspended, it is necessary to spray the remaining plastic several times or allow the plastic to pass through the injection molding machine to clean the remaining plastic in the injection cylinder or barrel. In case of plastic fading, the frequency of spray cleaning will increase. When performing minor repairs; the heater of the injection cylinder must be adjusted to a low value, such as 150°C, to minimize the possibility of thermal decomposition.
2) Before injection of thermally stable plastics (such as PS or PE), if the machine has been shut down for one night in advance, just turn off the sliding plate at the bottom of the hopper and the heater of the injection cylinder (only the heater of the nozzle is turned on), and set the injection cylinder Spray clean. After the nozzle is completely cleaned, cool the barrel as high as possible. After the injection molding machine has cooled down, turn off all equipment. The injection molding machine is fully ready to reheat.
3) If the temperature of the injection cylinder or barrel is high, only slightly modify the above steps to prevent the resin from being decomposed by heat. For example, turn off the heater of the injection cylinder (only turn on the heater of the nozzle), or cool the barrel as high as possible, during which the remaining resin is continuously sprayed out. Close the slide plate at the bottom of the hopper, and try to spray the oblique rubber in the barrel again. If no more plastic is sprayed, the equipment can be closed for the next use.
4) If the plastic decomposes or burns in the injection molding machine, it will eventually change color, making the finished product waste. In this case, the injection molding machine must be completely shut down and spray clean. The prevention method is to use a thermally stable plastic to blast out the heat-sensitive resin so that it can withstand subsequent reheating.
5) Some plastics (such as POM, PVC) are easy to decompose. If the injection is suddenly stopped during injection, the heater of the nozzle should be turned on before the injection is continued. Only when the plastic has the nozzle melted, the injection cylinder can be turned on to heat Device. The temperature of the shooting cylinder or barrel should be adjusted to about 140°C. Then raise the temperature to the processing temperature, and spray the remaining plastic as soon as possible. The sprayed plastic must be put into cold water. If you want to change other plastics, use natural, non-fire-resistant grades of PS or PE as the cleaning agent; if the remaining material is not completely sprayed, please do not mix POM with PVC, or mix them one after another.
6) Before stopping the machine or changing to another type of plastic, you must check that the steps taken are correct. The material supplier has printed and prepared a booklet with sufficient information. Read it carefully before operation to understand what each type of plastic requires (standard shutdown procedure). The brochure should be placed next to the injection molding machine so that the operator can read it at any time.
For more questions about the injection molding machine, please leave a message to us, we will answer you within 24 hours!